From the Listening Function: ReadSpeaker webReader
ReadSpeaker webReader lets you listen to text written on a web site while reading it. Just one click and the text on your site is read aloud and highlighted, so you can easily follow it, no matter what device you are or wherever you are. This will make the content more accessible and improve your website experience. As a user you do not need to download anything.
How does it work?
Click Read to enable ReadSpeaker webReader
You can also use ReadSpeaker webReader to:
- Select the text and click the listen button in the pop-up menu that appears next to the selected text.
- Indicates a song so it is read aloud automatically
- See a clear version of the site in the font you want, and in the size and color you want, while reading and highlighting the page.
- Download the audio version of the content you want and listen to it offline.
- Translate the selected text into multiple languages and listen to it in the target language.
- Select reading speed, highlight colors, etc.
- Select a word and look up its meaning in the dictionary.
The Help tool in the toolbar has clear instructions for using the different features. Use the Help tool to get ideas on how to get the most out of webReader features!
The webReader and Listen Button are activated with the hotkey “K”. The “L” hotkey activates the listen button and starts reading. Many webReader tools and features have their own hotkeys. Keyboard shortcuts are activated with conversion keys, which vary from browser to operating system (list of keyboard shortcuts in different platforms: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Access_key ).
Once activated, the player can navigate inside the player and toolbar using the tab / shit + tab command, and activate a specific button or selection with the enter key.
- Activate Listen Button: Conversion key + K
- Activate webReader: Key + L
- Open / close toolbar: +1 key
- Open the utility: Key + I
- Other keyboard shortcuts: see help functions
webReader works best when you allow cookies, as this will save your personal preferences for the next use.
Platforms and browsers
webReader works on a variety of devices and platforms. It should work:
- All commonly used online devices: PCs, laptops, Chromebooks, tablets, smartphones, etc.
- On all common operating systems: Windows, Chrome, Android, iOS, macOS, etc.
- In all common browsers:
- For laptops and PCs: IE7 +, Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Mobile: Safari and Chrome on iOS, Chrome on Android, Chrome and Edge on Windows Phone
Read more about ReadSpeaker at www.readspeaker.com